Thursday, January 10, 2013

This is NOT an Intro.

This is what is going on my cortical left hemisphere and it is this:
My school sucks. 
And I have absolutely no shame whatsoever on saying that. Today, we were on the verge of rewriting our last exam - Science - in the evening again, just because our school couldn't supply question papers and extended time.  
Seriously, how kanjoos is my school? 
And the teachers had to give a freaking lengthy paper because five questions for fifteen marks and a mere forty five minutes time lot was not enough. Half the class left the Biology portion out. 
And because of that, teachers were planning on making the WHOLE class write the test again in the afternoon. 
Fortunately, our luck turned and the principal didn't agree on a retest for the whole class. 
And on top of all that, there's this English teacher who happens to know no grammar and has graduated from our sister school. And if that isn't enough on how bad in grammar she is, I don't know what is. 
She was correcting our papers today - the boys, first- and decided on the fact that just because the first paper was nasty and all-out dumb, that the whole class was stupid too. Now, she wants us to write an imposition on all the questions that came on the test three times. THREE FREAKING TIMES.I decided the moment that she told us that I will not write it. 
Did she even touch my paper?
Who does she think she is anyway?
She does think that she owns everyone's world though. There was this writing part and we had to write a dialogue between us and the receptionist of the hotel we're supposedly staying in for the holidays and had to ask about some details regarding our stay. And it was supposed to be a telephonic conversation. 
And I started the conversation. And supposedly that is wrong. Because, in a telephonic conversation, you don't talk first and you let the other person to do that. 
Okay. Fine, I accept with that. 
But this was supposed to be a hotel that I've checked into and as far as I remember, telephones in the rooms of the hotel are directly connected to the reception area.  You just say some greetings and ask for room service. 

So this is how I wrote:
Me: Hello. Room service?
Receptionist: Good morning ma'am... and blah blah blah. 
And this how I think that she wants me to write:  
Receptionist: Hello, this is Hotel XXXX, how may I help you? 
Me: ....uh... I'm in your hotel? This is room no 1572?
Receptionist: (line dead).  

Here are my replies. 






Like, what the fuck? She doesn't rule my life. I start my conversation as I want to. I scream at people I want to. I do the things that I fucking want to. Does she need a lecture on human rights? She needs a lecture on proper grammar, though. 
Just look at the English books of the students in my class who hang on to every word of her and write just what she dictates not caring whether or not it's right or wrong. 
And on top of all that, she threatens us that she'll take our papers to the principal and let him correct it. 
But seriously, I would be GLAD. 
IF anyone but her, corrects my paper, probably someone with good grammar though, I would get the marks I deserve. Only if Mrs. Rao was still here. Damn, she was such a fool we used to tease and laugh at, but goddamn I miss her. It's true that you only know the value of certain things when it's lost. 

UGH. I want to kill my keyboard with my bare hands. And even that teacher. She hates me. Particularly me and I don't know why. Believe me, even my father accepts that this teachers need a lengthy course on Basic English. She doesn't even know the right spelling of sergeant! And all she does when these papers come is pour her tension towards us and tells us that we will never ever come up in life. Um, did you even touch the REST OF THE CLASS' FREAKING PAPERS, YOU MORON? 



She boasts on how she has twenty years of experience in English, when come to think of it, she just graduated out of college with no bachelor's or master's degree and is working in our school because she had studied in our sister school. 


Well. That does it. Our branch of schools are the most crappiest schools of crappy schools in crapschools town. 
And she says she has standards that none of us can understand. When in REALITY, it's our standards that she can't understand. My group of friends laughed when she said that. It was a belly-tickling, toe-crunching, horribly-controlled laughter. She acted like she didn't mind. 
Maybe that's why she blames us and scolds us that these are not CBSE students' papers: because she thinks our English is way too better than hers. 
Well, she's right. 

GO TO HELL, YOU GRAMMARLESS WICKED WITCH OF THE WEST. 


On a more merrier note, don't EVER come back. 

Happy Pongal! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment