Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Just the Tip of an Iceberg


I've found out the main reason why my Blog stays barren most of the time: (drum-roll, please) It's because I sit at home all day, vetti, with no adventures. Except sometimes I jump around my room, air-guitaring to Bohemian Rhapsody and disturbing my neighbours; but that's hardly blog worthy.



Holidays suck, much more than school days do.

And I blame my friends for this.

Most of their homes are so far away and the fact that laziness is a common trait amongst my friends does not help. To make matters even worse, one of my friends, Amy, moved even far away, like out-of-station faraway. Athena is my only friends who's near me, just two streets away, but my cycle's got a puncture. And I can't walk all the way to her house because there's a dog (that's only rabid towards me) roaming the street housing her home. It once tried to bite my foot off when I was cycling towards her house. The nerve. 

Furthermore, Athena never picks up her phone and in Chennai, you don't show uninvited to a person's place, unless you're really cool and confident unlike me.  Okay, that's not true. The reason I won't go to her house without calling her beforehand is because I don't want to be greeted by an empty house.

It has happened once before and it's embarrassing as hell, alright?

Since my holidays suck, I thought I'd try writing about my thoughts on things in general. But since I tend to think too much in an unhealthy way, I couldn't decide on what thought to write upon. So here's a list of all the things that are bothering me:
  1. The UCSB Shooting 
  2. My inability to construct a story without plot-holes
  3. My inability to finish my stories
  4. The UCSB Shooting
  5. Bleach
  6. My sudden boredom of Shoujo mangas 
  7. The UCSB Shooting
There are still a lot more, these are just off the top of my mind, but I can't remember them because my mind decided to go blank right when I decided to create the list. So anyway, the thought I want to ponder upon is obviously the intentionally repeated one and the most important one: the UCSB shooting.

Here's a link to a news report on the shooting.

Brainless twat.

In simple words, the story goes like this: this git named Elliot Rodgers killed six people and injured thirteen and then killed himself because he couldn't get laid. Because his arrogant ass couldn't get some. 

This twat called it his 'Day of Retribution' and had actually written a manifesto which he had then sent to someone online. He had also posted some videos on his Youtube account about how he was so lonely, how 'unfair' he felt that girls were 'repulsed by him'. 

No wonder no one could stand that racist, ignorant wanker. 

And did you know most of the comments on his videos were actually in favour of this psychopath's argument? This really shows the caliber of our society, doesn't it?

I get it, I get it that he was bullied and that he was ostracized. But that's no excuse nor is it a justification for his actions. In this guy's case, most of the people and even some of the media groups tried to blame his actions on his mental illness. And that's what gets on my nerve, because if Elliot Rodgers wasn't white, if he was black, the media would have slammed him down and run this shit for another few months. 

But since he was white, since he was 'mentally ill', they coddle him, defend him and blame it on society and all that it is not. Sure, society is partially to blame to raise a racist, sexist bastard. But the media and  the people won't mind the main contributing factors. 

Truth. 


They won't talk about male entitlement, they won't write about how this was an act of misogyny, of hatred, and they won't touch the topic of their shit-loose gun control laws. They even go as far as to blame it on the women. And this mostly comes from the Men's Rights Activists - the 'Pickup Artists' - and their misogynist followers who say that if the women had accepted his proposal, that he wouldn't have resorted to these 'extreme' methods. 

Are you freaking kidding me? 

So now women don't have the right to choose, or the right to say no, yeah? They can't decide who they want to be with or who they want to spend time with, huh? Boys will be boys and they don't need to take responsibility for their actions? 

Day by day, because of these kinds of fools, women everywhere are getting afraid. Because these things actually  happen, girls say yes against their own wishes in fear of being shot in the head. They give up their basic human rights and are forced to give in. 

Do you see how fucked up this is? Do you wanna see? 

Think of how devastated his parents would be. They raised him in wealth and love, hoping he would become a moral person. And their reward? Accused of raising a murderer. And the friends and family of all those people he murdered? What would they do now? 

I'm so pissed, I'm seeing red. How could a person like this be praised as a hero? 

Disgusting. 


He viewed women as property, something he is supposed to get and then, because he was denied, he killed them. The women he killed weren't even involved with him. So when he killed them, he was attacking on women in entirety of the population rather than the few he deemed to have 'wronged' him. He just professed a war on women and some people, men mostly, support him. All this because 'white' women rejected him while dating black men. 

Society acts in unpredictable, yet distasteful ways.


Defining beauty as fairness, the idea that women are propertied breeding machines, laughable gun control laws and white supremacy are what I believe as the elements for the massacre that is Elliot Rodgers. 

It is completely true that he was mentally ill, that it was one of the reasons why his thought process was so fucked up, all I'm saying is this: don't. use. it. as. an. excuse. I'm not blaming the whole gender of men here either. Nor am I blaming this on patriarchy or anything. But the ratio of men who will support this to who are against it is what baffles me.

And once a part of something is poisoned, the whole of it is just as doomed. 

- Alex.

P.S. Please shut up about your 'Not all men are...' shit. I never blamed every freaking man/boy on the earth. Saying men were killed too doesn't change the fact that this was all the cause of deep-imprinted misogyny. And to the people who support Rodgers: get the ever living fudge over yourselves. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment